Acne is common condition and usually is treatable. It is a condition when the sebaceous glands produce too much sebum and keratin, and block skin pores making them more likely to get infected and inflammation. The causes of Acne are many:
- Hormonal changes during adolescence, pre/mid-menstrual cycle or on contraceptives.
- Poor diet, especially a diet high in refined sugar, saturated fat or fried food makes pores more likely to be blocked and infected
- Allergies to skin care/personal care. E.g. Facial creams, soap, shampoos, make up, etc.
Acne usually affects the face, back, neck and chest with severity from mild to severe. There are ways to help manage acne condition:
- Whole food diet with more vegetables and whole fruits. The more severe the acne, the more you should reduce fats intake especially animal fats
- Drink enough water daily.
- Reduce stress
- Consistently using the right skincare can improve your skin’s internal structure, increasing its natural health and ability to fight acne. Use skin care with no/minimum allergens and consider skin care with oil-controlled, antibacterial and anti-inflammation function.
Ask natureLOVA about our experience and recommendation.